The MITRE Cyber & Investigative Technologies team creates versatile capabilities that enhance national security and advance the cyber domain. In an environment driven by the pursuit of technical solutions for our national security and law enforcement missions, we create a broad spectrum of leading cyber capabilities, using skills to include: systems engineering and integration, tool prototyping and development, data intelligence and analytics, cloud and architecture applications, and strategic planning and management. Our highly agile team enjoys a stable work program with long-term opportunities for career growth and development.
Work as part of a collaborative team in one or more of the following areas:
* Software Development * Rapid Prototype Development * Malware Analysis * Digital Forensics * Incident Response * Systems Engineering
You bring one or more of the following:
* Experience with Python, C/C++, Java, or another programming language * The capability to be thrown into new situations, and learn new data formats, programming languages, or tools * Ability to be proactive, self-managed, and able to interface well with sponsor personnel * Excellent communication skills * A basic understanding of cryptocurrencies is useful, but not required
Work Location: The primary location for this role is Chantilly, VA, with periodic meetings throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Clearance Requirements: The strong preference is for a candidate with an existing DoD-TS clearance, but we will also consider exceptional, uncleared candidates who are willing and able to undergo the clearance process.
* Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, or related field * Expertise in one or more of the following:
oSoftware development (Python, C, C++)
oNetwork/protocol analysis (all major TCP/UDP protocols)
oSoftware reverse engineering
* Proficiency with *nix CLI * Practical hands-on experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible) * Ability to stay agile in the face of rapidly evolving requirements as dictated by mission need
* Expertise in one or more of the following:
oNetwork architecture and design
oComplex packet manipulation with iptables and ebtables
* Exposure to malware analysis * Familiarity with devops principles (e.g. continuous delivery, continuous integration, automated provisioning) * Incident response and threat hunting experience * Demonstrable proficiency with reverse engineering (static & dynamic) * Full-stack web development experience (Django and AngularJS a plus) * Windows system administration * In-depth knowledge of VMware vSphere/vCenter 5.5+ or a similar hypervisor * Experience with Cisco IOS and ASA appliances * Development experience with Elastic Stack and/or Splunk * Real-world experience with cryptocurrency or other blockchain-based technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.