Perspecta is a leader in delivering technology services and business solutions for all levels of government in the United States. We work in partnership with our US Public Sector clients to help them realize their goals while achieving their policy outcomes, deliver superior public value and become more agile in delivering citizen-centric services.
Linux System Administrator
This position will handle a variety of responsibilities including: configuring, monitoring and maintaining RedHat Linux operating systems in a dynamic, virtualized environment. A successful candidate will ensure that all servers operate at optimum levels. The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to work flexible hours. On-call and after hours support is a requirement of this position. Additional job requirements and experience include:
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads small to medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrates execution of the company strategy.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning s are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex. May lead a project team.
Education and Experience Required
- 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
- RHCSA certification required.
- Ability to administer Linux Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge on troubleshooting skills of Linux/UNIX
- Strong knowledge on Linux/UNIX management tools
- Knowledge on Remote system administration
- Patch management and Antivirus management
- H/W Troubleshooting & Vendor coordination
- Firmware & BIOS Upgrade
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with CI/CD tools and Automations tools such as Ansible
- Experience with Solaris
- Experience with PaaS and IaaS
- Knowledge on any monitoring tools like HP Server Automation (HPSA), New Relic, Site Scope, HP BMC
- PowerShell/PowerCLI Scripting
Associated topics: client support, desk, edi, excel, help desk, information technology help desk, information technology support, support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot