Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Senior Unix Admin to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Alexandria or Lorton, VA.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.Job Title: Senior Unix Admin
Work Location: Alexandria or Lorton, VA
Duration: Long-term contract
Clearance: Public Trust
The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves the development, test, and production support of a web application with a Sybase database. The candidate will need strong analytical skills, strong communication skills, and extensive experience in UNIX. Exposure and experience working with various middleware products is preferred.Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- The candidate will be involved in the day-to-day support of a UNIX Solaris operating system development environment for a web application with a Sybase database.
- Additionally, occasional evening and weekend support for production deployments is required.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with the ability to communicate is a must.
- Strong understanding of UNIX, Shell scripting, and relational databases is needed.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently with minimum management oversight.
- Must possess high energy and strong motivation to make a difference.
- The work is fast paced and with changing priorities.
- Task switching without loss of productivity is a must.
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.Paladin is an EEOC employer.
- U.S. Citizenship (based on SSBI investigation)
- Security+ certification is required, or must be obtained within 3 months
- UNIX System Administrator certification is preferred
- 3+ years hands-on experience with the UNIX operating system as a Systems Administrator; preference is that the experience be with Solaris but any Unix OS experience is acceptable. Experience must include system startup/shutdown, backups, vulnerability management, and Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) product upgrading/loading/troubleshooting.
- Experience working with middleware products such as Tomcat, Apache, Redhat JBoss-EAP, and Java is preferred
- Ability to assist with developing procedural and technical documentation
- Ability to follow project plans (system migrations and software release upgrade)
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours on a rotational basis for production deployments
- Experience in supporting software developers in development environments
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of UNIX and web-related security postures, skills and best-practices
- Must be able to effectively articulate complex, technical concepts to on-site clients, non-technical management and co-contractors
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of self-motivation and direction
- A team player
- Understanding of application development lifecycle processes is a plus
- Common office software skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Strong motivation to make a difference
- Familiarity with Department of Defense personnel security issues is a plus
- Location: Able to work out of Alexandria VA or Lorton VA immediately to be co-located with development environment
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, ip, operating system, sccm, server, system administrator, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp