The Telemetry/ProgressiveCare LPN/RN, asaprofessionalpractitioneremployedbyMaximHealthcare Services, Inc, assumes the responsibilityandaccountabilityfor deliveryofpatient care of telemetry/progressive care patients. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
- Utilizes thenursing processtoassess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care on telemetry unit.
- Performsfocused interviewtoidentifyspecificpatients needs.
- Assess signsandsymptomsindicating physiologic and psycho-social changes in the patient's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data andinformationfromhealthcaremembers and documents actualand/orpotentialnursingdiagnoses.
- Documents thepatientsplanofcareusingidentifiednursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifiesandprioritizesactionsbased upon patientcarerequirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient planof care and actions of medical staff.
- Performsinterventionsaccording to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patientcare outcomestandard.
- Provides asafe, comfortableandtherapeutic patientenvironment.
- Initiates andevaluatespatient and/or familyeducation.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patients response tonursingandother interventions.
- Usesclinical judgment in evaluation activitiesto meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of theenvironment andequipment.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient's Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies
- Current Registered/ Licensed PracticalNurseLicenseforthestateinwhichthenursepractices.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Oneyearprior professionalnursing experience preferred with one year Telemetry experiencePreferred.
- Current BLS card
- Successful completion ofscreening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the LPN/RN practices
- Maxim BackgroundScreening
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, neonatal, staff nurse, tcu