The candidate will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to being deployed to the production network. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
- Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
- Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, vCenter Server 5.5, VSphere Web Client, storage, GPO configuration.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems.
- Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG s.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Understanding of scripting or programming for systems management.
- Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Understanding of databases, i.e. SQL and SQL management studio.
- Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell or Visual Basic scripts.
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 3 years equivalent experience/combined education.
Required Certifications: 8570 IAT Level 2 Complaint - Security+ CE, VMWare VCA or Microsoft Server 2012.
Associated topics: board, cadence, engg, engineer, h/w engineer, hardware designer, layout, semiconductor, systems engineer, vlsi